Please send resume and request employment application to email@example.com
ATTN: HR Dept
Job Title: Residential Specialist in Recovery Housing
Company: Empowered For Excellence Behavioral Health Job
Location:1201 Champlain St Toledo, OH 43604
Pay and Benefits $13.00 - $17.00 per hour
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply, Only full-time employees eligible Benefits: Dental insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance Job Type Full-time Job Description
JOB TITLE: Residential Specialist of Recovery Housing Looking for individuals for RS position and RS Shift Lead
12 Hour Shifts- 12AM-12PM/12PM-12AM - all shifts available. Every 2nd weekend off F/SA/SU DEPARTMENT: Recovery Housing- 24/7
SUPERVISOR: Recovery Housing Manager
PURPOSE: Assist individuals living in Recovery Housing in accessing supports and resources that will help them achieve long term recovery and the ability to live independently.
NATURE OF WORK: Works closely with the Recovery Housing Director, Recovery Housing Coordinators to monitor and support independent living activities of Residents living in Recovery Housing. Hours of work are scheduled on all three shifts from Sunday - Saturday.
COMPETENCIES/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Support residents in maintaining their living quarters at a reasonably safe and clean standard.
2. Ensure residents are following Resident Handbook including curfew hours.
3. Facilitate New Resident Orientation, welcome and introduce new residents to all existing residents.
4. Support and encourage residents to learn skills needed to live a life in recovery.
5. Help Residents to find services, community resources and service agencies, as needed.
6. Ensure Residents to complete assigned household chores and properly maintaining all common areas, such as kitchen and living room.
7. Observe and report any unusual behaviors or potential areas of conflict between resident and report this to Management.
8. Provides feedback to Management, regarding any unusual activities that may pose a safety or nuisance issue for other Residents.
9. Complete required Relias Training
10. Maintain inventory of all housing supplies (i.e. cleaning supplies, cooking utensils, furniture, household keys, etc.
11. Attend and participate in staff meetings to provide input towards program development and staff training.
12. Facilitate weekly House Meeting with residents.
13. Communicate effectively in a diverse consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with co-workers, and Residents.
14. Carry out policy and procedures of the agency, may participate in community work, staff development, agency wide projects and serve on committees/teams.
15. Oversee the Self-Administration of Medication with the residents, during med times, and as needed.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS: Abides by agency and/or professional code of ethics. Must be able to communicate effectively and possess the ability to work well both independently and with others in a sensitive, supportive manner that will facilitate the achievement of Residents’ goals. Must act as a role model who presents behaviors that are mature, self-sufficient and socially appropriate. Professional approach to all functions and relationships with all levels of staff, residents, other agencies, and the public. Strong documentation skills. Coordinate and/or assist with housing activities in multiple service sites both within the agency and in the community. We require a minimum of 3 years of sobriety
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED and extended sobriety required. Experience working with SUD population. Knowledge of Recovery Community resources and other resources available to the target population preferred. OTHER: Must have a valid and clean driving record along with current auto insurance.
COVID-19 precautions Personal protective equipment provided or required Temperature screenings Social distancing guidelines in place Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place All staff are required to wear proper masks